Thursday, January 8, 2015

Reading Menu-Maybe Someday

I came across Colleen Hoover maybe about a year ago when I picked up Hopeless.  I liked it, but I didn't love it.  So when Maybe Someday came across for one of the BOTM, I was hesitant, but thought "hey, why not?!" 
Let me tell you this.  I loved it.  It was executed so well that I didn't have time or any thoughts about how things would've been if they were done differently.   It's a love story like so many other love stories I've read a million times, but yet, it's so different. 
Hoover has the ability of omission and that kept me entertained and wanting to read more.  I didn't know at first that Ridge was deaf.  I didn't know that there was anything wrong with Maggie.  She hints to it, but the ideas that something could be so fatally wrong with someone so special just doesn't reach until it's literally printed out for me. 
The characters portray a different kind of relationship.  They are all young adults, but yet so mature in their thoughts and feelings that it's hard to believe they haven't lived a hundred years.  Ridge loves and sees things in a way that I want to be loved and seen.  And Sydney does the same but in different ways.  She's been hurt, so she doesn't want to hurt someone else, would do anything to not do what has been done to her. 
The lyrics and song writing is point on.  There wasn't a single set of lyrics in the book that I wasn't curious about listening to.  So I immediately hopped on iTunes and listened to the snippets of each song.  They are awesome. 

But back to the book.  It's a romance.  It's YA in a way.  I loved it.  It is a book I would recommend to anyone.  Simply for it's sparkling, good feelings all over vibe I got from reading it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment