Thursday, January 15, 2015

518 to 804- Weather Edition #2

Schools have been closed for two days now because of what they call "inclement" weather.  Mind you, the clouds did give us a little light precipitation that amounted to a dusting of snow last evening.  But it's 45 degrees out now.  So I don't know what these people are thinking down here. 

This is the backside of my office.  There it is.  The "snow" that closed schools for two days. 
 
Where the hell were these rules when I was a kid?!  I remember my bus stopping at the top of the hill we lived on because the driver refused to go down until the road was plowed.  I remember school closing and the bus drivers refused to go out so our parents had to come and get us because there was 3 feet of snow on the ground.  I remember bundling up in the freezing cold and waiting for the bus stop with snow covering us just in the short wait. 
 
None of this school closing crap.  That shit didn't happen.  Unless you were Icabod Crane.  They always closed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment