All right, so I finished Gone Girl. Then started and finished the Park Service series. Then started and am in the middle of the Not Quite series, but I'll get to all that.
Gone Girl...
Really the book was such a mind fuck. One minute he did it and had me believing that he did it and somehow managed to forget. The next minute he didn't do it, would never do such a thing. The way that Flynn moved in and out of the characters, giving them both ample reasons and opportunites was done in a great way to master the mind fuck of not really knowing who did what until the climax. (That could be just me though, others may have known from the beginning). As much as I enjoyed the book, I hated the ending. I really hope that the writers of the movie changed the ending because that bullshit just sucks. Who's allowed to set up murder, allow for a manhut and then just get away with it? Straight bullshit.
Favorite quote: "Give me a man with a little fight in him, one that calls me on my bullshit."
In general, I feel the same way. I dont want a relationship to be compliant. I want someone to love me enough to be like "you're fucking crazy at times, but...".
Park Service Series.
I started the trilogy a few months ago. Read the first book and then forgot about the second one until the third one came out. So I read both of them this weekend.
The Park Service trilogy is about a boy who comes up from living in the underground looking for Eden. Only when he comes up, he doesnt find the place that he was always told was rainbows and butterflies, he finds that the world is full people who live forever wanting to take over all earths creatures.
Think of it this way. We live on earth where there are trees, sun, ocean, etc. but there could be a whole different world 100 feet below the surface that only dreams about living up where we live. Thats what this series is about.
There are 2 main characters who are stuck in the upper world trying to fend off the Park Service group that is trying to destroy the world and all its liveliness. This is a group of people who have taken some longevity serum to keep them alive for 1000 years and then want to run the world and all its creatures. The only way to do that is to wipe out the world as they know it. When Aubrey comes to the surface from the underworld he is being hunted by those who want to destroy everything.
This is Aubrey's story and his friendships with the people and creatures he makes along the way. It is a story about friendships, betrayal and the fight for survival.
Next is the Not Quite series.
This is a trilogy as well. I've read book one. An easy read about a millionaire who wants to find love but doesnt want some gold digger. The rest of the series is about the other characters in the first novel and what they do to find love. There's nothing intelligent about it. Just a funny, quick read to keep the brain moving and pretty much to keep me amused.
I'll be reading the rest of the series for the next few days and then who knows what else is on the list.
So I've gone from murder mystery/thriller, to adventure, to love. Not too bad for a week.
No comments:
Post a Comment