Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Sauced Up, Scarred and at Sleaze: An Anthology of 8 Short Stories- G.C. Mckay

This is transgressive fiction at it's finest! 

Mckay is an author who can write.  I didn't find at any time while reading this that it wasn't a well put together book of short stories.  However, short stories aren't really my thing.  I find that I'm always wanting more.

Some of the short stories in this anthology made me laugh out  loud.  Some were not in my taste.  The first two, Something Borrowed, Something Blue and The Importance of Safe Sex were dark and twisted but funny and witty.  I could easily read them. 

Bloodhound Lust was just not for me.  It was grotesque and brutal. 

Mother Nature Sends Her Love and SQUIRM are things one would think typical of boys of a certain age.  I could see my brother having similar stories with his friends. 

In between were like stories that were wonderfully grotesque and witty.  It is not something I normally would have picked up, but I don't regret reading it.  It pushed me to see a different genre of writing.
However, I wouldn't recommend it to just anyone. Transgressive writing, I feel, is not for the weak hearted and takes a certain kind of person to appreciate it.  Though I thought some of the stories were a bit too much for me, I can appreciate the authors creativity and writing style.

No comments:

Post a Comment