Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Dark Moon Fell- Mari Biella

Angela is a has been pop star with some skeletons in her closet.  After overcoming a alcohol bender, she decides to hide away from her life, fans and demons and takes a job as a gatekeeper for a secluded property owned by a music icon.  What she can't figure out is if what she is seeing part of her imagination, her coming off the booze, or is she really seeing things?  After exploring the house and making friends with the architect working on the project, its discovered that there may be more to this house than it seems, and the architect may know more than he lets on.  Was someone murdered on the property?  Will someone find her?  Is she in danger?  She's in a constant phase of questioning until it all becomes perfectly clear.

My thoughts:

I LOVED THIS NOVEL!

It was a short and sweet, eerie romance.  It was the perfect book I needed to take me away from some of the heavier stuff.  Biella's writing was great.  I loved the idea behind the novel.  Of course, the fact that the lady gets the guy at the end is the perfect ending. 

If I had to pick apart something within it, I would say that I was curious about the timeline.  It seemed like everything happened within a few days of being at the house or happened too quickly.  Which in real life is unimaginable, but it novel life, anything can happen.  So the real life me versus the novel life me are at war.  But I can cope because it was just such a perfect book for my mind frame.  I don't read many novels with eerie story lines, but when I do, I love them.  This one is no different. 

So it gets 5 stars from me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment