It's been a few weeks. A few exhausting, straining, bittersweet weeks.
First, it snowed down here! For two Thursdays in a row! A total of about 10-12 inches. For the south, that's an immense amount of snow. It doesn't matter that afterwards the sun comes out and the snow is immediately gone, people still didn't leave the house for two weeks. What kills me is that I had to cancel two clinics because of it. Not because I couldn't get here, but because the patients were cancelling left and right anyway and the damn parking lot wasn't plowed. It's supposed to snow and freezing rain again this Thursday. Wish me luck.
Second, due to the extreme cold nights and the poorly insolated homes (because its not supposed to get this cold down here) RVA is finding itself in a shitstorm of frozen pipes. My house included. I wish I could've seen the look of pure terror when I walked into my home after being gone for a number of hours to see it literally raining in my kitchen. My first, newly renovated home that I've had for less than two years, is in ruins. It took Servpro a week to send someone out and I was on three different list (the other two still have not called to set up an appointment). Despite the fact that it did take Servpro a week, I would recommend them to anyone. These poor men drove from Miami to help all the poor cold people in VA. They took my beautiful hardwood floors out, my sheetrock down, and dried the entire place out. They left twenty supersized fans and two dehumidifiers. Hopefully they can come pick them up soon because it is uncomfortably loud and windy in my house. It took them more than ten hours to destroy my house. It'll take me months to repair it. The only bright side I can see in this is that I will get to pick out my own things (floors, paint, cabinets). Hopefully the insurance company can reimburse for what it'll cost.
Third, work. Work has been hella crazy. With PQRS, Medicare meaningful use, and staffing issues, I need a break or I will break. I want two things: one, to take a break from the office and work from r a remote location to actually get caught up without distractions and two, for a freaking vacation. When I go home my mind swirls around numbers, codes, deadlines, things that are in my control, but at the same time, aren't. It's exhausting.
And finally, 28 day detox. I am almost done with the first week. I've lost about 4 pounds. It's not easy with all these stressors around, but I am dealing. Besides that I don't have a stove or anything to cook with at the moment so take out is hard to find on the diet list. But I am going to stick with it... at least until the sour patch kids in the drawer win me over.
February 15 sucked. It sucked my almost dry. Almost. I'm hoping that March will bring better and brighter days with less strain and some days off.
No comments:
Post a Comment