Friday, August 30, 2019

Girl, Wash Your Face-Rachel Hollis


Title- Girl, Wash Your Face
Author- Rachel Hollis
Published- Feb 2018
Genre-Nonfiction, Kickass empowering 
Where I got the book- Netgalley
Synopsis- Can be found at Goodreads

My thoughts-
First, let me start of by saying that I can relate to Rachel on so many levels.  I understand that this kind of nonfiction may not be for the masses, but it's her version of her life, not everyone needs to read it. I, however, couldn't put it down. (Seriously, I spent two days hiding in my office at work reading.)

 Rachel brings about humor, tragedy, and real life issues to light.  I didn't know I was in need of "pick my up by the boot straps book" but this was the perfect book at the perfect time for me.  I laughed, I thought, I smiled.  That was all I needed.  I thoroughly appreciate her candor, her willingness to shed light on her trials and tribulations.  Reading her stories made me think about things in ways that I needed to, but was maybe too afraid to.  

I wouldn't consider this a self help book.  I do think this book keeps things in perspective and shows the struggles of most women.  We've all been in a relationship like hers, mothers I know struggle with thoughts like hers, every one I know hates their body at some point in their life.  This is truth.  We aren't alone, and it's nice to hear someone elses perspective on things once in a while. 

Since I've started this book I have researched and followed Rachel on all social media accounts.  I am excited to follow her and her crazy yet empowering self.  I read this as an ebook, but I may just have to pick up a hard copy to have.  

I'd recommend this to anyone, and have already told a few people they need to pick this up.  It was such a good read.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment